Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Welcome to the Hellmouth!

Welcome!

This is my attempt at completing the challenge of watching 31 horror movies in the 31 days of October. I love horror, so the true CHALLENGE in this is I will be traveling every weekend this month, including going to Las Vegas! But, I have comitted myself to this and will succeed!!! YES!

A little about me:
I’m 31 and living in the OKC metro. I love scary & gory movies. I love movies, period. And TV. And pop culture. My favorite scary movies include the first in their series: The Omen, Scream & Halloween. The movies that made me scared of the dark were Nightmare on Elm Street and The Grudge (btw, this is a no-judgement zone.)

Follow along, if you wish. Here is the list I will be following. I wanted a mix of movies I haven’t seen as well as some favorites, good and bad. However, if you have a suggestion, I am open to substituting! I’ll be searching for these movies through personal collections, Netflix, Hulu, iTunes, Redbox, etc., and I’ll list where I found it. Let’s remember, piracy is a crime, yo! I’m not about that life. ;) But do what you will… 

  1. Ju-On
  2. It Follows
  3. The Exorcist
  4. Day of the Dead
  5. Grave Encounters
  6. The Orphanage
  7. 1408
  8. Carrie
  9. Mama
  10. The Omen*
  11. The Shining
  12. Evil Dead
  13. Friday the 13th
  14. Dead Silence
  15. Psycho
  16. Nightmare on Elm St. 
  17. Scream*
  18. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  19. Blood Creek
  20. Crimson Peak
  21. Poltergeist
  22. The Serpent & The Rainbow
  23. As Above, So Below
  24. Reincarnation
  25. The Awakening
  26. Severance
  27. High Tension
  28. The Conjuring
  29. Sleepaway Camp
  30. 30 Days of Night
  31. Halloween**
* Since these are my favorites, I will possibly be watching more than one from the series.
** I definitely plan on watching John Carpenter's original Halloween, followed by Rob Zombie's Halloween II. 


LET THE FUN BEGIN!! Ju-On is currently on Netflix! See you tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Evil Dead 1 or 2 or the remake?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The remake! It creeped me out and I feel like it needs another viewing. However, I haven't completely nixed the idea of both. ;)

      Delete
  2. Crimson Peak! Are you going to the theater to see it? I want to see it real bad even though I HATE scary movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I've been waiting for about a year to see this!! And Tom Hiddleston...he has effortlessly made his way to the top of my heart pile. 😍

      Delete