Monday, October 5, 2015

Night 4: Day of the Dead


"A small group of military officers and scientists dwell in an underground bunker as the world above is overrun by zombies."

First zombie, best zombie ever.

The crocodile. Yes.

The creepy part about this movie is the idea the zombies could learn, and that they remembered. The scene with the talking, thinking, head was probably the best, scariest zombie scene I've ever seen. The thought that they're not just rotting, thoughtless things, but trapped people... I think Bub represented that well. The raw emotion...! ;)

This movie got me thinking of a new zombie movie... if the ZA happened on Halloween and all zombies were in costumes! Yes. Uhhh... copyright 2015 me.

There were so many great lines (You sit in the dark and think about what you did!) and the visuals were pretty entertaining, if you like that sort of thing, which I do. The most disgusting part of the movie is how abhorrent humans can be. 

The music was probably better suited for a early 80s teen movie, but we'll overlook that.

If you love zombies, this and the rest of the Dead series, are a must. But if you love zombies, you know that. 

I can't think of anything else to add. Shout out to Greg Nicotero! 


No comments:

Post a Comment